Sunday 22 May 2011

Musings #2

When I replied to the LCC Library with permission to use images of my zine for promotional purposes, I also (in what I hoped was a polite nonchalant flippant manner, disguising my less than chuffed but less than sad and upset feelings at the possibility that the self-publication was donated) enquired how they came across the zine. A reply wasn't expected as I was sure that the Library had more important things to worry about than stroking my bruised ego and my sense of zine-worth... Needless-to-say I was pleasantly surprised to receive an email from LCC Librarian Leila Kassir...

I've met Leila a few times previously, introduced by the lovely Jimi and Peter of Alternative Press, and she too is a rather nice lady. She kindly informed me that she had brought my zine at the Wolfwind Zine Fair in Tunbridge Wells last year - a fair I couldn't attend but was represented by the rest of Walrus.... And so with my sense of zine-worth restored, I began to feel like a dumbo - laughing at how it didn't even occur to me that my silly little zine could have been brought for the collection...

Hahahahahahaahahahahahahaahhhaaa... what a waste of drama and less than chuffed feelings...

No comments:

Post a Comment